Minnesota Orchestral Association - Senior Accountant Resume Example
Love This Resume?Build Your Own Now
808 Sample Street, Dallas TX 75206
800-652-8430 Cell: 800-867-5309
Accountant, accruals, acquisitions, AP, banking, billing, cash deposits, database, forms, general ledger, inventory, Lawson Enterprise, payroll accounting, PeopleSoft, Excel, taxes and government filing
Capable Accountant who effectively manages strict deadlines, schedules and repetitive tasks with a positive, can-do attitude. Adept at supplying quick responses to financial inquiries from internal management.
Minnesota Orchestral Association January 2016 to October 2017 Senior Accountant
- Collaborated extensively with auditors during preliminary, year-end audit processes and 990 filings.
- Reduced closing time for monthly and quarterly close by about two days by implementing new reminders to directors, and streamlining reconciliation processes.
- Gather investment statements, monthly, record realized gain/losses in general ledger, provide K-1's to auditors and reconcile and maintain invested assets.
- Distribute budgets and actuals to directors, correct any mis-coding and answer any questions.
- Administer and process online procurement card system activity, while monitoring use of cards, documentation and approval from users.
Buffalo Wild Wings June 2015 to January 2016 Staff Accountant
- Prearranged new store finances, including new bank accounts, in-store safes and armored car services.
- Reviewed P&L's for 32 stores, answered management questions and reclassed invoices.
- Accrued property taxes and invoices that were paid later.
- Reconciled accrued AP and refundable deposits.
- Requested, collected and verified inventory counts, monthly for exciting stores and new stores upon acquisition.
- Ran Smart reports and reclassed expenses to pre-open accounts for NRO's (new restaurant openings).
- Worked in MenuLink (ML) to finalize paid outs, review invoices to make sure they were coded in the general ledger correctly and timely.
Fairview Health Services May 2008 to June 2015 Senior Accountant
- Posted professional billing, accruals and true-ups via Epic report though the Enterprise Report Viewer.
- Worked with sites to ensure the accuracy of revenues, discounts, charges and bad-debt and post any corrections.
- Accrued, reconciled, trued-up MN Care taxes and worked with tax department to file.
- Promoted from Cash Accountant (January 2014).
- Posted daily banking files and worked with AP to code correctly.
- Reconciled main bank account and AP account.
- Reconciled balance sheet payroll accounts on a period basis,created and posted journal entries and answered management questions in regards to Pass (HRMS)/payroll system.
- Updated Audit papers for yearly and intermittent audits.
- Worked with the benefit department to make sure deductions and payments were accurate.
SUPERVALU December 2005 to April 2008 Senior Associate
- Created Journal Entries.
- Reconciled accounts on a period basis.
- Maintained a database of unmatched transactions and worked to match them.
- Matched ACH payments to invoices, adjusting for cash discount or other activity.
- Updated reconciliation forms and work with vendors to resolve.
- Entered write-offs and transfers into Lawson and the Chargeback system.
- Prepared write offs and transfers between companies and vendors.
- Reviewed vendor balances for validity.
- Communicated with vendors to resolve outstanding balances.
Education and Training
Minnesota State University 2005 Bachelor of Science: Accounting Moorhead, MN, USA
Keller Graduate School Master of Science: Master of Accounancy Edina, MN, USA Sat for CPA with accredited pass/fail classes.
Activities and Honors
March 2004 Moorhead, MN
January - April 2010 Minneapolis, MN
- Trained in basic tax preparation for low income citizens.