Unemployment Insurance - Section Chief Resume Example
Love This Resume?Build Your Own Now
808 Sample Street, McFarland, WI 53558 | 800-652-8430 C: 800-867-5309 | O: 608-266-2850 | email@example.com
Training specialist knowledgeable about theories and methods used in designing, developing and delivering successful training programs and adult learning concepts.
State of Wisconsin-Department of Workforce Development
Section Chief 11/2014 to Current Unemployment Insurance Madison, WI
- Participate in the entire recruitment process, interview, train and supervise staff.
- Control operational budget and expenditures.
- Developed training program for specific, assigned job tasks, including writing effective Goals and Accomplishment reviews, and designing new employee training plans.
- Implement corporate or departmental policies, procedures, and service standards in conjunction with management.
- Gather and organize information on problems or procedures.
- Analyze data gathered and develop solutions or alternative methods of proceeding.
- Document findings of research and prepare recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures and or organizational changes.
- Analyze current staffing levels and volume to maximize efficiencies and stay within budget constraints.
- Develop metrics for work volume and staff production in order to create more meaningful GARS for staff and manage the workload with the appropriate number of staff.
Supervisor 05/2009 to 10/2014 Unemployment Insurance Madison, WI
- Comprehensive knowledge of Unemployment systems and applications.
- Recommend and /or approve programming changes to enhance production.
- Work with internal and external customers to resolve issues and streamline processes.
- Plan and implement system changes, communicate with customers once changes are in place to determine effectiveness of changes and trouble shoot problems.
Claims Specialist, Wage Specialist and Hearing Office Specialist 07/2001 to 06/2009 State of Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development Madison, WI
- Efficiently and accurately establish an Unemployment Claim on behalf of the claimant.
- Interpreted State and Federal UI statues and department rules and explained the Unemployment process to claimants unfamiliar with the program.
- Provide accurate information to both claimant and employer inquiries
- Answer calls from employers with questions about rules and guidelines for submitting quarterly wages.
- Research and enter appeal reasons into Mainframe programs and establish appeal files Answer questions about the appeal process for claimants and employers.
Training and Development Specialists 08/1988 to 10/1998 Wisconsin Physicians Service Monona, WI
- Monitor, evaluate, or record training activities or program effectiveness.
- Offer specific training programs to help workers maintain or improve job skills.
- Organize and develop, training procedure manuals and course materials such as handouts and visual materials.
- Keep up with developments in area of expertise by staying current on procedure and law changes.
- Train classes of up to 30 people how to enter an insurance claim, including researching ICD-9 and CPT books for diagnosis and procedure codes.
- Audited post payment claims for accuracy, sent request for recoupment of overpayment or supplemental payments as necessary.
Education and Training
Profession Trainer Certificate: Continuing Studies June 2017 University of Wisconsin Madison This 48 hour certificate program focused on the concepts and practices centered around Adult education and allowed me to gain knowledge and skills needed to design training that provides value to the learner. Enterprise Management Development Academy: Public Service Management classes
Bachelor of Science: Preschool/Kindergarten Education Dec 1986 University of Wisconsin Madison, WI I graduated from in the Enterprise Management Development Academy which is offered through UW-Madison. This program is an abbreviated version of the Certified Public Managers program. These courses focused on topics such as the state budget, communications, managing the work of others and organizational operations. The courses have helped me become a better manager. Preschool/Kindergarten Education
Budget and staffing experience, critical thinking, excellent customer service skills, strong decision making skills, team building, Leadership Skills, Management Development, training skills, written communication skills