ALISA KOBRINETZ CHERNACK, LLC - Paralegal Resume Example
Love This Resume?Build Your Own Now
808 Sample Street, Frederick, Maryland 21703 | H: 800-652-8430 | 800-867-5309 email@example.com
Paralegal with seven years of experience with excellent writing skills in drafting pleadings, legal memorandums, motions and correspondence. Conducts all legal business professionally and with little guidance from attorneys and supervisors. Extremely organized with the ability to manage case loads with authority and advanced technical skill.
11/2011 to Current
Paralegal ALISA KOBRINETZ CHERNACK, LLC － Ellicott City, MD
- Manage service of process for the firm.
- Compose and type letters of correspondence.
- Draft pleadings, motions, affidavits and correspondence.
- Open and maintain case files.
- Conduct skip-tracing services.
- Schedule hearings with the court.
- Assist attorneys in collecting and organizing records such as bank statements and medical records.
- Work closely with attorneys and assist with projects as needed.
- Prepare client billing on a monthly basis.
- Train all incoming staff on office procedures and case specific duties.
- Prepare for trials and hearings by organizing case exhibits and evidence.
- Accurately enters client data into a company-based software program.
- Provide IT support to staff.
03/2010 to 11/2011
Client Liaison MORRIS, SCHNEIDER, WITTSTADT － Baltimore, MD
- Clarified the foreclosure process with homeowners and discuss possible solutions.
- Daily interaction with corporate clients to resolve issues.
- Scheduled hearings with the courts.
- Prepared notices, affidavits and motions for filing with court.
- Assists attorney's with various legal tasks.
- Interacted daily with judicial assistants and other court personnel.
- Reviewed court dockets and official records including PACER.
- Audited case files to ensure compliance with the court.
- Accurately entered client data into a company-based software program.
- Trained incoming staff on case specific duties.
04/2008 to 04/2010
Operations Manager BALLY TOTAL FITNESS N.K.A. LA FITNESS － Baltimore, MD
- Managed the day to day operations of the club.
- Hired, trained and supervised staff in each department.
- Met budgeting guidelines through effective operations, management and training of employees.
- Managed pro shop retail operation.
- Resolved membership issues.
- Ensured members received exceptional service in a clean and well-maintained facility.
- Maintained CPR, First Aid and OSHA standards in the club.
Education and Training
Associate of Arts: Paralegal Studies Liberty University － Lynchburg, Virginia
Graduated Cum Laude
Bachelor of Arts: Interdisciplinary Studies - Paralegal Studies & Business Liberty University － Lynchburg, Virginia
Expected graduation: October 2017
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications-Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Advanced knowledge of TimeMatters practice management software.
- Proficient in CaseAware, VendorScape and SoftPro.
- Excellent communication, writing and proofreading skills; highly organized and detail oriented.