Interstate Distributors - Fleet Manager Resume Example
Love This Resume?Build Your Own Now
808 Sample Street, Clarksville, TN 37040
- Cell: 800-867-5309
Associate of Arts: Supervision and Management 2015 Coast Line Community College, Fountain Valley, CA
Motivated Customer Service Supervisor with a proven track record of personnel management by cultivating and implementing a team driven atmosphere in order to right size efforts for maximum productivity and improve retention.
Interstate Distributors Lebanon, TN Fleet Manager 10/2016 to 06/2017
- Effectively managing a fleet of up to 30 drivers by maximizing productivity, minimize idle percentage, and promote a culture of safety within DOT (Department of Transportation) regulations.
- Leading a service driven team of drivers by instilling a practice of over communicating to focus on meeting our customers' expectations for on time pick up and deliveries.
- Evaluated operational records and made scheduling adjustments to maximize efficiency.
- Managing the needs of drivers to cultivate a team driven atmosphere which results in hire retention and lower cost for the employer.
- Proactively identify, coach and deter unsafe practices and behaviors by fleet to ensure they in compliance of DOT and Interstates culture of safety.
Geodis Logistics Brentwood, TN Transportation Management Coordinator 04/2016 to 10/2016
- Developed SOP's which streamlines the process tender loads to carriers and ensure on-time delivery of product.
- Monitors inbound TMS systems to ensure carrier acceptance and rating of shipments
- Recommended changes to existing methods to increase the accuracy, efficiency and responsiveness of the customer service department.
- Effectively communicates with various customers such as procurement, manufacturing, suppliers, shipping & receiving, carriers and the Geodis Distribution Centers.
- Developing strategic initiatives, identifying gaps in service; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; and determining system improvements.
US Army Fort Campbell, KY Transportation Coordinator 01/2014 to 04/2016
- Provided detailed monthly departmental reports and updates to senior management.
- Shipped and received goods by air, rail and land by supervising personnel in weight distribution of goods and material.
- Planned and Tracked the movement of over 12,000 pieces of rolling stock using RFID Tags (Radio Frequency Identification)
- Coordinated returns between origin and interim transportation departments while resolving and minimizing problems for customers, warehouses and carriers with quality control.
- Accountable for the over site of planning and production of delegating routes to provide goods in a safe, efficient, and timely manner.
- Filed, and processed shipment labels and forms such as, TMR (Transportation Management Requests).scheduling and mapping.
US Army Illesheim, Germany Food Service Specialist 01/2009 to 01/2014
- Enforced established operating and work procedures, oversaw inspections of dining area, food preparation, storage areas within dining facility.
- Developed and implemented meal plans and templates to enhance customer service ratings, moral of guest, and prompted growth among food handling personnel.
- Responsible for shipping and receiving of merchandise to resulting in an increased profit margin and balancing accounts for subsistence items as needed.
- Applied food service accounting procedures while training personnel on cash handling, cashiering, and advanced banking skills.
- Implements emergency, disaster, and combat feeding plans and training to vigilantly execute high risk situations.
- Responsible for the training, care, morale, welfare and professional development of up to 30 Food Operation Specialist.
- Proficient at Word, Excel, Power Point, AFMIS Web, LME ect.
- Over 15 years of Customer Service experience
- Secret Clearance